Wireless LAN Module
The Shuttle XPC Accessory PN20 is a 802.11b/g Wireless Kit, aims to let your XPC quickly and seamlessly communicate with a 802.11b/g (at up to 54 Mbps) networks. Wireless networking uses radio frequencies to transmit and receive data between your XPC’s and other network devices. With this Wireless Kit, surfing on the Internet couldn’t be any easier. Simply install the USB connector to the reserve header on mainboard, launch the attached software to configure the module, and you will be ready to experience a WLAN (wireless local area network) that can be accessed anywhere.
With XPC 802.11b/g Wireless Kit, you can:
- exchange data over the air, which minimizes the need for wired connections.
- possess the portability and mobility of wireless networking connectivity wherever you are.
- Encryption support:
Wired Equivalent Privacy: 64/128 Bit WEP *)
Wi-Fi Protected Access: WPA, WPA2
- enjoy high-speed data transfer rate up to 54 Mbps.
- employ automatic data rate switching which offers maximum reliability, throughput and connectivity.
*) The WEP encryption method is known to be very easily cracked, and all users are called to switch to the more secure WPA, or better WPA2 mode.
- Standard: WiFi IEEE 802.11b/g
- Host Interface: USB2.0 Interface, internal connector for Shuttle XPC
- Support O/S: Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Linux
- Chipset: Realtek RTL8187, RF Chip: Realtek RTL8225
- Dimensions: 20 (W) x 78 (L) x 4 (H) mm
- Weight: 3 g (module without any cables)
- Frequency Band: 2.400 ~ 2.484 GHz (Industrial Scientific Medical Band)
- Current Drain:
Standby mode=15.5 mA
Transmitting mode (Tx) = 481.0 mA
Receiving mode (Rx) = 319.9 mA
- Operating Voltage: 5 Volt +/- 5%
- Data Rate:
802.11b: DQPSK with data scrambling capability:
provides data rates of 1, 2, 5.5 and 11 Mbps
802.11g: High-speed Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) / Inverse FFT:
provides data rates of 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
- Operating Range:
Open Space: Up to 400 Meters
Indoor: Up to 100 Meters
- Security: 64/128 bit WEP / WPA / WPA2
- Antenna Type: External Antenna, designed for Shuttle XPC
- Temperature Range: 0~50°C (Operating), -20~80°C (Storage)
- Humidity: max. 90% Non-Condensing
- EMC certification: FCC, CE
- Compatible with P- and G-series XPCs (G, G2, G4, G5, G5M, G6, P, P2)