Universal WLAN-ac / Bluetooth Combo Kit with Mini PCI-Express card
The Shuttle XPC Accessory WLN-P is a wireless LAN kit consisting of a Mini-PCIe card, two antennas and appropriate cables. The WLN-P is intended for numerous Shuttle barebones of the XPC cube and XPC slim series to equip them with the wireless LAN standard according to IEEE 802.11n/ac at 2.4 / 5 GHz. At the same time, his combo device also supports Bluetooth 4.0. WLN-P replaces the products WLN-S and WLN-C that met the WLAN-n standard only.
Note: What are the advantages of WLN-P over a conventional WLAN USB stick?
1) The Mini-PCIe card sits in the case and is better protected from tampering and theft.
2) The integrated solution is more appealing.
3) For the best possible efficiency the antenna should be at least 6cm long (half a wavelength at 2.4 GHz) which is a big advantage over the USB stick.
4) This WLAN card is a Combo card which supports both WLAN and Bluetooth.
5) The transmission protocol of Mini-PCIe cards is less complex as compared to USB which helps keep processor load lower.
- Mini PCI-Express half size WLAN card
- 2 antenna cables for XPCs slim, length: 21 and 29 cm
- 2 antenna cables for XPCs cube, length: 53 cm
- 2 dipole antennas
- Quick Guide (English, German, French)
- Windows driver DVD
- Compatible with the following Shuttle products:
Shuttle XPCs slim Barebone PCs: XG41, DS61, DS81(L), DS87, DH170, XH61V, XH81(V), XH97V, XH170V,
Shuttle XPCs cube Barebone PCs: SX79R5, SZ77R5, SZ68R5, SH67H3, SH67H7, SH61R4, SH87R6, SZ87R6, SH81R4, SH97R6, SH170R6 (Plus), SZ170R8
Not compatible with: DH110, XH110(V), SH110R4 - this requires the accessory WLN-M (M.2-2230 WLAN card)
- Supported operating systems
Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux (32- / 64-bit)
- WLAN Standard
Supports WiFi IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac in the 2.4 / 5 GHz band, 1T1R
PCI-Express V1.1 host interface
- Encryption technology
Supports WPA2 (IEEE 802.11i with AES), WPA and WAPI
- Bluetooth Standard
Supports Bluetooth 4.0 in the 2.4 GHz band, USB 2.0 host interface
- Maximum PHY data rate:
72.2 / 150 Mbps using 20 / 40 MHz bandwidth in n-mode
433.3 Mbps using 80 MHz bandwidth in ac-mode
- Adapter card:
Model Chicony C706E0
Chipset: Realtek RTL8821AE
Half-size Mini-PCI-Express extension card (PCIe v1.1)
Dimensions: 26.65 x 29.85 x 2.35 mm (LWH)
- Temperature Range: 0~70°C (Operating), -20~70°C (Storage)
- Humidity: 10~80 Non-Condensing
- EMC certification: CE, FCC
- Antenna cables:
Four WLAN cables with diverse lengths
Connectors: I-PEX MHF and RP-SMA Pigtail male
- Antennas: two external dipole antennas
Frequency range: 2.4 / 5 GHz band, omnidirectional
Total length: 108 mm, diameter: 7.8~10.0 mm