54 MBit WLAN Module
The Shuttle XPC Accessory PN18G is a Wireless LAN module according to 802.11g standard and supports multi-data transfer rate up to 54 MBit/s. It is small and compact, easy to install on all XPCs with P2, P, i, K, L, G, G2, G4 and G5 chassis. It features a 360 degree of all direction antenna for Long range communication networking
The Shuttle XPC Accessory PN18G is a 802.11b/g Wireless Kit, aims to let your XPC quickly and seamlessly communicate with a 802.11b/g (at up to 54 Mbps) networks. Wireless networking uses radio frequencies to transmit and receive data between your XPC’s and other network devices. With this Wireless Kit, surfing on the Internet couldn’t be any easier. Simply install the USB connector to the reserve header on mainboard, launch the attached friendly-interfaced program-Shuttle Wireless tool to configure the Module, and you will be ready to experience a LAN (local area network) that can be accessed anywhere.
You can operate the network in either an independent mode or an infrastructure mode. The former, which is also known as peer-to-peer or ad-hoc network, lets you directly make connection with other wireless-equipped computers, and the later, the socalled infrastructure network, allows you to communicate with wired LAN via an access point.
To obtain the complete benefits your XPC 802.11b/g Wireless Kit provides, please read the manual carefully before using it.
With XPC 802.11b/g Wireless Kit, you can:
- exchange data over the air, which minimizes the need for wired connections.
- possess the portability and mobility of wireless networking connectivity wherever you are.
- operate Ad-Hoc or Infrastructure modes.
- utilize up to 256-bit WEP,WPA encryption.
- enjoy high-speed data transfer rate up to 54 Mbps.
- employ automatic data rate switching which offers maximum reliability, throughput and connectivity.
- monitor and configure the network via the supplied friendlyinterfaced application ~ Shuttle Wireless Tool.
- Operate a Software Access Point to share your internet connection with friend family.
- Standard: WiFi IEEE 802.11g
- Host Interface: USB2.0 Interface, internal connector for Shuttle XPC
- Support O/S: Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista, Linux
- Dimensions: 23 (W) x 74 (L) x 7.4 (H) mm
- Weight: 17.7 g (module without any cables)
- Frequency Band: 2.400 ~ 2.4835GHz, Subject to Local Regulations
- Current Drain:
Transmitting mode (Tx) = 350 mA
Receiving mode (Rx) = 250 mA
- Operating Voltage: 5 Volt +/- 5%
- Data Rate: 1Mbps, 2Mbps, 5.5Mbps, 6Mbps, 9Mbps, 11Mbps, 12Mbps, 18Mbps, 24Mbps, 36Mbps, 48Mbps, 54Mbps
- Operating Range:
Open Space: Up to 400 Meters
Indoor: Up to 100 Meters
- Security: 64/128/256 bit WEP Encryption 802.1x, WPA
(only with Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP1/SP2 or higher)
- Antenna Type: External Antenna
- Temperature Range: 0~60°C (Operating), -21~70°C (Storage)
- Humidity: max. 95% Non-Condensing
- EMC certification: FCC, CE, Japan RF
- Bundled Shuttle Access Point Software
- Compatible with P2, P, L, i, G, G2, G4 und G5 XPC series
- One XPC 802.11b/g Wireless Kit
- One Antenna
- One Antenna cable (for G, G2, G4, G5, L, K series)
- One Chassis (for G, G2, G4, G5, L, K series)
- 4x Screws (for G, G2, G4, G5, L, K series)
- One Driver CD with Shuttle Software Access Point
- One User Manual